Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crock Pot Cook Off!

Last monday my friend had a crock pot cook-off for water purification in kenya and there were about 17 people entered and since I LOVE to cook I made this AMAZAZAZING white chili! The recipe is Wendy's... my mother-in-law who just so happens to be a great cook, and it is really tasty!

AND I won second place!!!! It was REALLY fun and made me feel good to have people coming back and telling me that everyone was talking about it:) Anyway, here's the recipe! enjoy it!

4 Cans Great Northern Beans (cheap at walmart!)
3 cups of chicken broth and 1 bouillion cube (or just extra chickeny broth)
1 T garlic powder
2 medium chopped onions
2 cans diced green chilies
1 T oregano
2 T cumin
1/2 t cayenne pepper
4 C diced cooked chicken
4 C sour cream
1 or 2 cans of white or shoepeg corn (i used 2)
4 C grated Jack cheese

Cook onions in butter or oil. add all spices and green chilies. Combine in BIG pot along with all other ingredients, adding the sour cream last (except cheese) and heat thoroughly. Top with cheese as you serve it.

This makes a huge batch of chili. My crock pot was filled to the brim. mmm

Most delicious with cornbread and honey:)

1 comment: