Sunday, October 3, 2010

shh theres a bear right outside our tent....... Im not scared.... its just cool and I wanted you to hear....

So when we went down to Utah a couple of weekends ago for Brads (very awesome) Aunt Andrea's wedding, we got to spend some time with them and his grandparents (also VERY awesome) and GOOD OLD MANDIQUIZZLE!!!!! But this post is not about any of that because 1. we missed the actual wedding 2. I didnt think to take pictures and 3. Mandy's new boy-toy beat brad in bowling and so we really dont wanna talk about any of that.

But we ALSO got to take our new TENT! (thanks mom and dad!!!!!!!!!!) and all our NEW CAMPING GEAR! (thanks AGAIN mom and dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!) camping! (I know it was weird to throw in that word, what with all the un-necessary, yet extremely necessary punctuation and capitalizations I threw in there but it was needed in order to finish my thought! der.)

So we went to this place called Hobble Creek just outside of Springville, Utah and it was absolutely gorgeous! Plus the lady told us the best campsite was still open and noone was around it.... (because the bathrooms were very far.... thus why I had to dehydrate for 5 hours before I "fell asleep") but ANYWAY, the site had the actual Hobble Creek running through it! Just beautiful!


This is our site... and that citronella candle Brad actually stepped in after it was out before he went to bed and he got the soft bug wax all in his shoe and sock and in his shoe and coating his ankle. NICE. :) Also he didnt know I saw it happen but I was watching him out the tent window.

We got there at dusk so we set up quick and next wanted to set up our lantern which is APPARENTLY really hard. We were both surprised because we didnt think manufacturers even made things that were difficult anymore!! dont let the "insta-start" fool you! You still have to "preburn the mantle" but you cant get any holes in it and it has to turn white and ANYWAY it was tough and we threw it on the ground TWICE because it was smoking and/or about to explode. But after it was already dark we got it to light...

Above are some tragic losses. and below are a couple pictures of us being very happy campers in our very warm Coleman MAXX-TREME! sleeping bags. I woke Brad up a million times because I wanted him to hear all the bears.... but he was never that excited.

Brad lit the fire early and I am pretty sure contemplated throwing me in so he could get some more sleep... (he loves me) And then he started packing up the sleeping bags (tough stuff) (for real) while I made pancakes! wahoo! they had some melted plastic in them too since I had to use a plastic fork to flip them... forgot! And I even made Brad a special pancake. aw.



Right before leaving we shot Brads BB gun at a slurpee cup and piece of paper in the tree.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP: Brad singing and playing guitar while I stuffed myself with Smores. Life really is good.




2 comments:

  1. I love the campsite--the creek right through the middle--pretty cool. You guys look nice and cozy in your little tent and puffy sleeping bags. I am glad you are enjoying camping in the gorgeous utah/idaho fall weather. Good for you! Love you, and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout outttt!! :) Also I love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete